raccolta di citazioni

a commonplace for quotes from my current reading

2006-07-23

Authenticity

It was a neighborhood bar in a neighborhood where such establishments are not yet celebrated. If it had been located in my part of the East Village, it would have long since achieved cultural-landmark status. I'd been living in Manhattan for five years and still had not adjusted to the large number of people who moved here from other parts of the country, and overlooked the spectacle of the city only to revere the mundane. One of my coworkers, herself a transplant, remarked that the coffee shop on the corner was authentic. In that they served coffee, I suppose that she was correct. [76-77]

McLoughlin, Tim. "When All This Was Bay Ridge." In McLoughlin, Tim (ed.) Brooklyn Noir. ISBN: 1888451580.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home