raccolta di citazioni

a commonplace for quotes from my current reading

2006-07-11

You're hired

Q: I hear that this is your second encounter with book publishing. What was your first?

A: I worked for Persea Books, this truly fantastic independent press that in retrospect should probably never have hired me. When I said I was "proficient in Excel," what I meant was that I'd seen Excel spreadsheets on other, smarter people's computers. I'm pretty sure I only got the job because of my huge ugly coat, this trash-man coat that could double as a life-saving tent in a blizzard. My boss needed somebody who could walk through blinding snow to the post office, and after pinching the fabric of my coat, he determined that somebody was me. I could have sent that coat in on a hanger to my interview, and it would have gotten me the job.

From: A Conversation with Karen Russell, author of the forthcoming St. Lucy’s Home for Girls Raised by Wolves.

1 Comments:

At 12/7/06 08:16, Blogger SFP said...

She's funny. I'm looking forward to this one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home