raccolta di citazioni

a commonplace for quotes from my current reading

2006-06-28

Two voices

Two voices on a page. Or is it one? Now turning in on themselves, back into fiber and leaf, now branching into sequence, consequence, public works projects or discord. Now touching, now trapped in frames without dialog box. Both tentative, as if poring over old inscriptions, when perhaps the wall is crumbling, circuits broken, pages blown off by a fall draft. [3]

Waldrop, Rosmarie. "Prologue: Two Voices", from Reluctant Gravities. New Directions, 1999. ISBN: 0811214281.

thanks, Amanda!

2 Comments:

At 29/6/06 08:20, Blogger Stefanie said...

Roemarie Waldrop is new to me. Nice passage. I will have to look her up at my library.

 
At 25/7/06 23:32, Blogger JohnM said...

note to self:
Stefanie posted on Waldrop here.
I posted more from Reluctant Gravities starting here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home