raccolta di citazioni

a commonplace for quotes from my current reading

2006-08-04

I can see you with my heart

I sat down careful and Gloria Dump made me a peanut butter sandwich on white bread.

Then she made one for herself and put her false teeth in, to eat it; when she was done, she said to me, "You know, my eyes ain't too good at all. I can't see nothing but the general shape of things, so I got to rely on my heart. Why don't you go on and tell me everything about yourself, so as I can see you with my heart."

And because Winn-Dixie was looking up at her like she was the best thing he had ever seen, and because the peanut-butter sandwich had been so good, and because I had been waiting for a long time to tell some person everything about me, I did. [65-66]

DiCamillo, Kate. Because of Winn-Dixie. Candlewick Press, 2000. ISBN: 0763607762.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home